An Integral Approach to Kirtan, Myth and Mantra for Modern Times
Online Course Opens March 3rd
WITH EN(CHANT), LEARN TO:
○ Launch your home chant practice through Kirtan (music), myth and
○ Learn myths and mantras for removing obstacles, and experiencing freedom, protection, and unconditional love
○ Learn to play harmonium and chant to 7 of your favorite yogic deities!
EN(CHANT) Your Life is a 7 module online course designed to build an integral home chant practice. Each week we'll release a lesson where you’ll learn an ancient Hindu myth aligned with our modern times, and the chants to support you in harnessing their power.
As an added bonus, you have the option of joining our weekly conference calls online, however, there is no need for you to be there in person. All video conference calls are recorded and are stored online in the course along with the teaching videos, chant sheets and written modules that comprise the core teachings of this course. The conference calls are optional, and they provide an opportunity to connect with Mike and ask questions about the course.
7 Weeks, 7 Chants, 7 Deities:
Theme: Removing Obstacles
SITA, RAM & HANUMAN
Theme: Devotion and Moving Beyond “Self” into connection with “Others” and the “Divine”
THE FOUR FLAMES
Theme: Embodying the Primary Divine Qualities of Truth, Love, Purpose and Peace
KRISHNA & RADHAA
Theme: Expressing Love in the World
KALI & DURGA
Transmuting Negativity, Healthy Anger, Overcoming Darkness
Theme: Expanding Awareness, Consciousness, and Space – the Benefit of Meditation
Theme: Divine Unconditional Love – What does it mean to BE love in the world?
Each Module Includes:
○ Modern Myth – Spiritual Intelligence
○ Story telling and explanation
○ Musical Lesson – learning the chant vocals and playing them on your harmonium
○ Intention Setting, Guided Practice and Tools
○ Set the intention, learn how to work with the deity, and chant along with Mike
○ Guided Meditation – Integration
○ Meditation to help you notice shifts in your inner experience
○ Taking Action – Living the Lesson
○ Reflection on what needs attention in your life (i.e. obstacles to overcome)
○ Action steps on how to apply the lessons you learned in your daily life
○ Bonus live group calls with Mike that are recorded and stored in the course
○ The components of each module present a comprehensive approach to learning and practicing a chant, and then using it in your everyday life.
The lessons are great. I was enjoying chanting prior to this but never knew the interpretations/stories or what the words meant even. The chanting has energy all of its own. The entire format of the classes has been perfect.
Carol Martin, Spring 2019 EN(CHANT) Your Life participant
I can now open my music book, read the music and practice playing and chanting ALL 7 of the chants we have learned = HUGE SUCCESS! I am delighted and so HAPPY! Before this course my chant practice was primarily making up my own melodies for chants/mantras which is great yet was a much slower process and also limited by my beliefs that "I shouldn't write Kirtan music." I loved this course especially the easy process to learn new chants QUICKLY. I feel confident and inspired to write more music and share the amazing of Kirtan with my community. I am forever grateful, thank you
C.A., Yoga Teacher, Spring 2019 EN(CHANT) Your Life participant
Have more questions or need more time?
Enter your e-mail below and we will stay in touch.
Since 2010, Mike Cohen, MA, has supported thousands of chant fans on their journey into Kirtan Leadership. Each year, Mike and his team train hundreds of Kirtan Leaders through his Kirtan Leader Institute—from total beginners, to those who share Kirtan with others, and even some who go on to lead bands, create albums, tour and play festivals! His proven system (which circumvents the need to read or understand Western or Indian music or music theory) quickly and easily guides students to chanting at home and sharing with others in a way that is intuitive and makes sense to those with no musical background. Mike loves teaching students how to play chants on harmonium, guiding them how to build Somatic Awareness and Shakti Awareness, and helping adults gain access to deep wisdom through myth in a way that is both relevant and invaluable for our modern times. Mike is working on his fifth full-length Kirtan album, lives in Boulder, CO and spends all his time sharing Kirtan and training future Kirtan Leaders.